Sydney Hobart Race
- Duration: 7 Days (approx.)
- Location: Sydney, NSW
- Product code: Hobart2017
The Sydney to Hobart yacht race involves very serious sailing in frequently heavy weather and so requires a safe yacht and competent crew.
- Eve is an extraordinarily strong and safe yacht. Like all S&S Swan 65s, she was built to the highest standards for around-the-world racing and has already completed three circumnavigations. There is no stronger or safer boat in the Hobart fleet.
- Eve will provide four very experienced professional crew and will take up to 10 extra crew on the race. However all crew must achiee a minimum amount of sail training including at least one offshore overnight passage prior to starting the race. This is not only a wise precaution but is also a mandatory entry requirement from the organising authority, the CYCA.
- Eve will complete the mandatory qualifying race, the Cabbage Tree Island Race departing 7:00pm Friday 10 November. All crew must participate in that race. If you are an experienced sailor that would like to join us but cannot commit to the Cabbage tree island race then please contact us to discuss alternatives.
- Eve will offer up to one week of additional on-board race training for all hobart crew. Not every training day is mandatory. If you can demonstrate sufficient competence and offshore experience then you can join us fewer training days. Less experienced sailors will be required to attend more training days. Any crew that do not demonstrate sufficient experience and also do not attend sufficient training may not be allowed to participate in the race.
- In addition to the formal training, any Hobart crew may join us harbour twilights whenever we have space. The more our crew are experienced with the yacht and with racing conditions, the safer the Hobart race will be for all.
- All crew that do not already hold a valid AYF or ISAF safety and sea survival certificate must also attend a mandatory 2 day course run by one of our sea safety training partners.